For More Services, Scroll Here
About Emily Scott
Emily Scott has been training dogs professionally for 25 years. She worked for the most prestigious guide dog school in the world, training guide dogs for the blind and pairing those dogs with blind people across the United States and Canada. She was responsible for training and supporting thousands of dogs to safely guide blind people around metropolitan cities such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City. The dogs Emily trained, saved the lives of people every day. Emily is one of only 70 people in the world with a California Guide Dog Instructor License. She also currently holds the certification of Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC) obtained through the most prestigious animal behavior consultant organization in the world – International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC). She is the only Certified Dog Behavior Consultant between Los Angeles and San Francisco and only one of ten in the entire state of CA. Emily has worked with top law enforcement officials in major metropolitan cities such as San Francisco and Los Angeles to help educate and train them about the issue of dog attacks and has been involved in strengthening City municipal codes regarding animal control, dog attacks and nuisance dog issues. Emily also holds a Master’s degree in Education from San Francisco State University.
· Masters’ Degree in Education (M. Ed.) from San Francisco State University
· Licensed Guide Dog Orientation and Mobility Instructor (GDOMI). By the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs Guide Dog Board.
· Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC). By International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
· Premium Certified Member of Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT)
· Certified AKC Canine Good Citizen test evaluator and trainer
· Service and Therapy dog training expert
· Specializing in Staff training and coaching for dog boarding and training facilities
· Teaching dog training and behavior management techniques to others, including novice and experienced dog handlers
· Kennel enrichment specialist
· Service animal access specialist
· Dynamic public speaker
· Writer – monthly contributor of dog training/behavior articles to Clovis Roundup Newspaper and other publications
· Expert in Dog Attacks and Dog bite law
· Expert in Responsible Pet Ownership training
Honors and Awards:
Guide Dog Users of California Humanitarian Award
Guide Dog Users of California
In recognition of outstanding advocacy for guide dog handlers who have been victims of dog attacks and dog interference and for leadership in the production of Safe Travel for Working Teams—Enforce the Law (video), and for years of effort in advancing the independence, safety and dignity of working teams.
The Lori Sheppard Award
Guide Dogs for the Blind Alumni Association
This is awarded to someone who has demonstrated Excellence in Advocacy to the Alumni (Active Guide Dog Users) of Guide Dogs for the Blind Inc.
Fresno Bee Article Highlighting Emily Scott's Services 6/5/15
Channel 24 KSEE T.V. Fresno - Segment on puppy training 5/28/15
Hero Guide Dog: KFSN- FRESNO NEWS, Dec 22, 2006
Pet Life Radio Interview
Associated Press National Article, written by Linda Lombardi (2008):
Dog Attacks Law Enforcement Training Course (written and produced by Emily Simone and Sheila Styron):
Curiosity Quest – TV series – Segment on Guide Dogs:
America Public Works Association (APWA) Reporter - Collaborative article with City of Fresno Public Works Dept: April 2010:
Central Valley Today Channel 24 KSEE on-going Television Segment on dog training and behavior: